S-RIP Planning Meeting 2013
(SPARC Reanalysis Intercomparison Project)
The meeting report is available here
for participants only)
- "Introduction and Goals of the Meeting"
- (Please see here
for the general introduction of the S-RIP.)
- Venue: Met Office, Exeter, UK
- Dates: April 29, 30, and May 1, 2013
- (Hotel Jurys Inn and
- Sponsors: WCRP/SPARC, Met Office
- Scientific objective and scope of the meeting:
The first S-RIP Planning Meeting shall be held at the Met Office
in Exeter (UK) on April 29 to May 1, 2013.
The aim of the S-RIP is to create a review report
on the reanalysis intercomparison within the next 4-5 years
as one of the SPARC report series.
Thus the goal of the Planning Meeting is for
Working Group members,
representatives from the reanalysis centres,
and key SPARC researchers
to discuss key processes and diagnostics for the reanalysis
intercomparison that are relevant for SPARC-related middle
Furthermore, the chapter titles and leads will be determined
at the Planning Meeting.
- Specific aims of the meeting:
- To finalize the report outline/chapters including chapter
lead names and initial list of contributors.
(The Working Group has prepared
a draft structure of the final S-RIP report.
At the meeting, each chapter will be given a 1 hour time slot,
and the diagnostics list and observational data for
validation are presented by the chapter co-leads
and discussed by the participants.)
- To define the general guidelines and protocols,
and the specific diagnostics used in each chapter.
- To define the timetable of the project.
- Important Additional Information:
- Oral presentations are by invitation only.
In addition we welcome contributed poster presentations.
- The structure of the meeting is such that all
participants are expected to assist the S-RIP Working Group
in agreeing the structure of the report to result from
the project, and in volunteering to lead (or
to make major contributions to) the writing of the report.
- The meeting is open to all, but since space is
limited all participants must register.
To do this, please send the following information to
(1: Name, 2: Email address, 3: Affiliation,
4: Title and short abstract (if you are submitting a poster))
by February 20, 2013.
- Information on travelling to the Met Office is found
In addition, a block booking of hotel accommodation in Exeter
may be made. Further information on this
will be available soon.
[BACK TO PAST EVENTS]